Want CMV prevention flyers?
Want Books about CMV Families?
- Brielle and Me: Our Journey with Cytomegalovirus and Cerebral Palsy by Kerith Stull
- Anything But a Dog! The perfect pet for a girl with congenital CMV by Lisa Saunders
- Surviving Loss: The Woodcutter's Tale (free pdf available from LisaSaunders42@gmail.com)
- Once Upon a Placemat: A Table Setting Tale--teaches CMV prevention(free pdf available from LisaSaunders42@gmail.com)
- Mystic Seafarer's Trail:Secrets behind the 7 Wonders, Titanic's Shoes, Captain Sisson's Gold, and Amelia Earhart's Wedding about trying to get thin and famous like Amelia Earhart--secretly married close to the author's home--so people would listen to a CMV prevention message. (Free pdf available from LisaSaunders42@gmail.com)
- The Stealth Virus by Griffiths, P. (2012). Great Britain.
FREE CMV Prevention Resources
The Congenital CMV Disease Research Clinic and Registry provides resources to share with women of childbearing age. In addition, the National CMV Foundation features CMV prevention flyers for downloading. You can also print the CDC’s congenital CMV pamphlet in English or Spanish, found on the National Birth Defects Prevention Network website. Utah, the first state to pass a law requiring daycare providers are informed about CMV (2013), provides this brochure for childcare providers.
|Miss Cup teaches germ prevention in educational coloring book, "Once Upon a Placemat: A Table Setting Tale"|
"Grandma" uses Miss Cup to enforce germ prevention and uses Mr. Knife's fear that the dish will run away with the spoon to teach table-setting in the educational coloring book,"Once Upon a Placemat: A Table Setting Tale." FREE Teaching Toolkit includes;
Placemats: Side one: Placemat with tableware characters with space for your coloring artist's name (perfect for laminating and using as a table-setting reminder) plus there is space available for your organization's information if so desired before copying. Side two: Germ prevention tips and hand-washing instructions.
Video: Short introduction of the tableware characters found in the educational coloring booklet, Once Upon a Placemat: A Table Setting Tale, co-authored by Lisa Saunders, the parent representative of the Congenital Cytomegalovirus Foundation.
(Ask your library to carry a copy of Once Upon a Placemat: A Table Setting Tale, or contact LisaSaunders42@gmail.com for a free pdf version. If you would like to distribute the bound coloring book of Once Upon a Placemat: A Table Setting Tale to daycare children and their families, they are available on Amazon or in bulk through www.authorLisaSaunders.com.)
CMV Prevention Videos
CMV Prevention Videos
Girl with congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) set to song, "Voice for Sam" by Debra Lynn Alt. (L. Saunders, Producer) Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTbvsMyCftc
Saunders, L. (2016, December). Newsletter: Advocating for CMV awareness and policy. Mystic, Connecticut. Retrieved from Congenital CMV Newsletter: http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0dd2dc5fa327d215c27770e46&id=cb12b3d880&e=[UNIQID]