Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Little known virus cuts newborn's life short

The family and friends of little Maddie inundated Connecticut's Public Health Committee with letters of testimony in support of H.B. 5147, which supports congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) education. Although I was the only one physically in Hartford publicly testifying in favor of the bill, the Co-Chair of the Public Health Committee commented to everyone in the room about the overwhelming number (near 100) of support letters the bill received. Although many were Texas residents, their "big" voices were heard here in  New England and helped give me the "wind beneath my wings" when it was finally my turn to tell my daughter's story.

 
This is Maddie's story:

Little known virus cuts newborn's life short

 
 
You will find many of Maddie's supporters here: Click for Public Hearing Testimony 


No comments: